7 great ideas to help you sell your home for the highest possible price.
(1) Trim all exterior shrubbery, trees and grass.
(2) Remove all dirt, mildew, and stains from the roof and siding. Contractors that perform power washing can help you with this task. Roofs that have been cleaned appear to look newer and give your home great curb appeal.
(3) Paint the front door, replace the welcome mat and consider replacing the front door lock(s) if badly weathered. This makes your home inviting and it’s the first area that perspective buyers see up close.
(4) Remove excess furniture to give the rooms a larger look and feel. Less is more! Consider selling, donating or discarding furniture items that you will not be using or moving.
(5) Get rid of unpleasant cooking smoking or pet odors. Air purifiers can greatly reduce home odors. Replace the air filter and place a moisture reducer (Damp Rid) in the air return to reduce damp or musty odors.
(6) Clean all windows and replace non functioning light bulbs inside and outside. Buyers like a bright home with lots of natural light.
(7) Remove personal and family photos. This allows potential buyers to help visualize living in the home.